Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Saturday, March 19, 2005

This morning I am sitting in Frankfort, KY visiting my family in this area.  Margaret and I are no longer together, but it was great while it lasted.

Just got back from Bloomington IN. where Arron is Law/Business school going for a JD/MBA, wants to work on Wall Street.

Lee is in Med School at U. of KY with another year to go before internship.

Since Mexico Margaret and I  spent most of the time in the west and southwest. Winter before this was spent in SE CA. / SW AZ.  Spent last summer in the high Rockies of Colorado.  Being a 10,000 feet is great but you just can't make a decent cup of coffee.

I just spent four months volunteering at the Salton Sea State Park in SE CA and am going to return to the N. Rim of the Grand Canyon for the summer.  I really enjoyed working there the summer of '01.  I will be a seasonal ranger, wear a badge, but they wont give me a gun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment