Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Short timer

Looks like it is down to one month, and a short one at that. Twenty eight days. I am walking about four miles every other day now and will add a pack in the next few day. I have been making up MRE day packages in freezer bags consisting of listed items for mail drops.   Looks like they weight in 17 ozs and 1600 calories. I know I will need about twice that amount per day. Still looking for ideas. I will take five or six to start and have the first Mail drop sent to Fontana Dam and by the time I get through the Smokies, I should have an idea of I need to change or keep the same. (Did I mention how much I hate planning?) I plan to buy most of supplies on the trail but as of now have no idea of what all that will consist of. Guess that is what on the job.
        MREs     (Mail Drops)                  
        
Item            Calories    Carbs        Fat gs        Protein gs
                               
Nuts               300          138                27             6
Gatorade        125          125                 0              0
Gatorade        125          125                0               0
Noodles        380           234               14            10
Fig Bars        220           164                 5              4
Potatoes        180           153                0               3
Tuna               70               0                 1             16
Oats               100            56                 2               4
Oats               100            56                 2               4
                                
Totals           1600         1051              51              47


H.


No comments:

Post a Comment