Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Yes, we have no tents today!


Up at 0530 and decided to do my hike a little early.  I also added another four pounds to the pack.  It did not add much to the time, only a couple of minutes.  I got on the scales be with everything, and then just before showering, and there was a thirty pound difference...  When leaving the garage after taking off the backpack it really felt like walking on air.  The first time I have felt that.

Checked USPS on line and still no word of my tent.  I may have to forward it after all.  We’ll see.

Made a trip to Costco and stopped at the P.O., no package. I did find some “trail food” at World Market that was not half salt.  At Walmart it all had 1200 1300 mg sodium...

While at Walmart, I returned a tent (unopened) that I had ordered online.  I had bought it for practice and trials runs, but, I should have my “real” tent in a couple of days and we have decided to wait until in comes in as M has some new eye glasses coming in also.  We might as well wait for everything.  She is also expecting a book that she had printed of the process that she and her sister went through in making their quilts of photos that M had taken.  Two very beautiful quilts.

It is a warm afternoon but my hike is done....

1700...   Hot afternoon.  I tried to nap, but no way.  Napping is just not my style!  I just feel tired...

1900
Rib eye and baked potato for dinner... life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment