Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Drove from Canyon de Chelly to the Needles district of Canyon Lands.  Got settled in just a mile or so from the highway on the Lockhart Basin Road in the Indian Creek Rec area just out side of the park.

We drove in to the visitors center and I got a back country permit to do an overnight hike.  I settled on four and a  half hike to Devils Potholes from Elephant Hill to the tent sight.  Most of that part of the hike is on the Elephant Hill 4x4 road. The next day would be through Chesler Park.  We looked to drive EH road road before but it was just too much for our car.

We got back to the RV and while M was preparing dinner I started packing my BP.  After going to bed I realized that I had left some stuff laying out side and had to get up and bring it in before it blew away...

H

No comments:

Post a Comment