Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Friday, June 8, 2012

How much can I carry

Some new gear before starting my trip east. I decided to buy and try a Micro gas stove with piezo lighter.  At the same time I ordered a set of dry sacks.  These were both form Amazon.


I saw the same set of dry sacks at Walmart, so I picked up another set.  Also found a ground cloth (sealed nylon) and pack cover while I was there.  Will be looking to try them out.

Made it to Moab in good time so I stopped at Gear Heads Outfitter, a place we bought some stuff from when in the Canyon Lands/Arches area this spring.  While there I bought a Lexan cup w/cozy, for coffee mostly, and an aluminum wind screen for the stove, then continued to drive on for two hundred more miles!





No comments:

Post a Comment