Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Final Report



May 08,2013

I have 300 miles under my Pack, hiking through all kinds of weather.  I have met so many great and wonderful people.  It is amazing how giving the "People of the Trail" are, both past and present!

 I just hope that some of them feel the same when thinking of the time spent with me.  I tried to share what little knowledge I had along with a few of the things I was carrying on my back, from a good length of para cord to a extra blank journal,  a pocket knife I found on the trail, and even even the little wrist band I found and returned to Prayerwalker.   They were little thing, but I hope they made the day better for a few people!

I am home now and still have the congestion, but the cough has subsided some what. I feel fine, but I know for sure that I made the right decision to leave the trail.  The warm 'dry' heat of AZ will feel good for a while.



Thanks for tagging along, it has been fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment