Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Let the shopping begin

Went to Phoenix yesterday and started looking at hiking gear! $$$

Saw some I liked, saw prices that I didn't like! Major items such as tents, backpacks, and sleeping bags look to start at the $200+ price point. Smaller items like stove, mess kit, etc., look to be $50 to $100! Sure wish Harbor Freight sold the good hiking stuff.

I already have a good set of hiking poles, Lekis, and I think a self inflate sleeping pad.

I'm a touchy, feelie guy when it come to buying this kind of stuff that I will wear, carry, and use every day for six months! Will do more looking and shopping as I have several months to a year to buy all the gear.

Clothing is just as expensive. Good shirts, pants, shorts, wind breakers, and such, start around $35 to $100 and up if I really want the good stuff!

Time will tell!

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment