Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Work and spend!

Did a 2.7 mile hike with a 10 lb. pack!  Got tireder and it added about 5-6 minutes to the round trip.

Bought a small "practice" tent from Walmart the other day, decided it was too small, so I took it back and bought one on their web site.  4x6 = Too small,  7x7 = better.  Weight should not be a problem because I will mostly be doing car camping now and will get the "big bucks" tent next winter.

Look at Walmart's hiker stuff, and looks like that is where I will buy the misc. stuff that I will need on my hike.  Saw Mountain House dehydrated meals and the price looked pretty good for 2-3 severing per pack.  They even had dehydrated Ice Cream!!!!  May have to try that!

No comments:

Post a Comment