Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday, March 16, 2013
Destination: Lance Creek camping area
Starting Location: Gooch Mtn. Shelter
Today's Miles: 8.00 Trip Miles: 22.12

 "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

Trail Magic

 Hiking eight miles in seven hours to get to Lance Creek and set up the tent with our 'group'. Great place to camp. Woody gap was set for some great Trail Magic by Glenloch Baptist Church (west of ATL near state border). They were set with all kinds of food and snacks and a small pharmacy. I ate a couple of hot dogs and had a soft drink. My cold is gaining on me so I picked things for that. Also got a great foot rub and heels wrapped for my new blisters. They worked great and that was the end of my blister problems. Legs and feet feeling pretty good for now, the soreness is gone. Eating is not a high priority with my cold and I have to make myself eat enough.


"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment