Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ready to hike already!

Still in training. Pack weight just under 30# with no water and a few little things to add to it.
Wheels up one week from today. Looking at the weather for Northern GA and it looks like perfect hiking weather for a start of 13MAR13. High of 60 and low of 38-39 for the first three days. Couldn't get much better than that for a start! Looks like the last few day have been kinda rough for the now on the trail!

Looking at start dates of the journal keepers and I guess I won't be alone... for the first day any way. May lag behind after that. Maybe the ones that start after me wont pass me by too quickly!

Funny thing, last week I had my anxious moments dreams two night in a row. First one I was within 20 miles of the trail head and all the other hikers left without me, and for some reason I couldn't start! Figure that one out! The second one was airline related, missing flights and losing luggage and that kind of thing. Looks like at my age I would know better!!

H

No comments:

Post a Comment