Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Friday, March 15, 2013



Friday, March 15, 2013
Destination: Gooch Mtn. Shelter
 Starting Location: Hawk Mtn Shelter
 Today's Miles: 6.30
Trip Miles: 14.12


Up @ 0800 out @ 0930. 32*F. 8 miles in 6.25 hours.

 I got up yesterday with sore throat but it is a little better today. Fig bars an Gatorade for lunch. V-I (ibuprofen) got me through the day. Leg muscles and feet hurting and hard to move around after sitting for a while. Learned that I had left one of my small stuff sacks at last shelter, it had my trash in it!

Hiked in the mid 70's today, seeing my first signs of spring, so removed vest an a base layer. Used StesdyState's roller for my legs, helped with the soreness!


"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment