Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday, March 14, 2013  Day 2
 Destination: Hawk Mtn Shelter
Starting Location: Approach trail
Today's Miles: 7.80 Trip Miles: 7.82



"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."    - Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)
 





 Down to 19  degrees last night. Lots of  water bottles were frozen. Mostly same group today. GloBug' Nema' Icuras, The Hart family w/ 9yo girl, Taylor. I got the best answer as to why hike the Appalachian Trail from Taylor. - "Mostly to make my friends jealous!"

 Held my own with the 20/30 something's... so far!


 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment