Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday, March 24, 2013
Destination: Deep Gap Shelter
Starting Location: Tray Mtn Shelter
Today's Miles: 7.50 Trip Miles: 47.72


 Up late and not on the trail until 10:00. Hiked in the rain about half the day, getting to Deep gap shelter which is 3.5 mi. From US76 and shuttle pickup. Got to the shelter early and claimed my spot. Every thing is wet including my self. I got into the sleeping bag with my wet clothing and let my body heat dry things out. Except for my fleece vest. It would be wet tomorrow. Making a nature call in the night I saw that the rain had turned to snow, temp was low 20s and my fleece vest was frozen!


"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment