Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday, March 25, 2013
Destination: US76/Dicks Crk Gap Franklin
Starting Location: Deep Gap Shelter
Today's Miles: 3.50 Trip Miles: 51.22

Up at seven and away by eight. 22*F and snow. Had to make it to the highway by 1100, and did, but the shuttle was late. Hiking was pretty easy on the frozen ground with an inch or so of snow. My name was not on the shuttle list but luckily the driver got had a cell signal and  a call soon cleared that up. I did not eat breakfast an I think that caused me to start chilling and the warm van felt really good.

 Settled into my room for two days (another zero) to finish my recovery from the cold. It was a good night to be inside with heat and a bed.


. "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment