Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Friday, April 12, 2013

Not the wrong way, again?

Friday, April 12, 2013
 Destination: Derrick Knob Shelter
Starting Location: Mollies Ridge Shelter
 Today's Miles: 11.70 Trip Miles: 177.22

 Record day today with 11.7 miles! Earlier, I hiked for quite a while without seeing a white blaze and was getting ready to make a major decent and I didn't want to go down an have to climb back up. I had turned a number of times to look for a south bound blaze without seeing any. So, I turned and started south, looking for a white blaze, and saw one in about 200 yards so I turned North again and  went down the mountain.  It was a steep drop and required slow going.

 I stopped and made dinner on the trail because I was running late and didn't want a lot to do when I get to the shelter. Got to the shelter just before dark an just had time to set my pad and sleeping bag. Good night, I'm tired!



 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment