Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Drugged up in Erwin

Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Destination: Erwin TN Super 8
Starting Location: Erwin TN Super 8
Today's Miles: 0.00 Trip Miles: 281.42

Another zero while I'm taking all the drugs and waiting to get better. Still coughing a lot and a lot of stuff is coming up so I guess I need that extra day after all.

As I was walking a mile up the street to the China Kitchen for lunch, I ran into Nema  again from way back. She highly recommended the CK and it was good.

Took the time to sort through my stuff and have some to send home. I have got to get my pack weight down!  I have too much food now but not enough for a bounce box*.  At least it will go down as I travel. 125 miles to Damascus, VA.  Trail days there in a couple of weeks.  Looking forward to that, just hope I don't catch something there. If that happens, I might have to give up this living in the woods thing!

 Here's to feeling better!
 
*Bounce Box - Sending or mailing things up the trail ahead of yourself so you don't have to carry them!

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment