Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Monday, April 29, 2013

More drugs.

Monday, April 29, 2013
Destination: Erwin TN Super 8
Starting Location: Erwin TN Super 8 
Today's Miles: 0.00 Trip Miles: 281.42

Another day, another zero! Feeling a little better but the cough is getting worse. I'm here for one more night regardless. By mid afternoon I decided to go to the Urgent Care center that I think is related to the hospital here. It was a good two mile walk one way, but, the weather was good and I did not carry my backpack!  Got in pretty quick and confirmed that I had a bad cough  and bronchial congestion resulting from the cold. Rx's include an inhaler, codeine based cough syrup, and a about the strongest antibiotic you can get to clear up my lungs. I ask how long to stay off the trail and he said at least 48 hours, so add another zero! Scales there say that so far I have lost 15 pounds on the trail, so on the way back I stopped at "Hawg 'n Dawg" for a pulled pork barbeque lunch.


 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment