Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday, April 02, 2013
Destination: Franklin, NC
Starting Location: Franklin, NC
 Today's Miles: 0.00 Trip Miles: 98.02



 Decided to stay another day. This old body requires a lot of rest! I did resupply, laundry, an bought a new rain jacket. My cheepy one has no means of venting and the inside gets just as wet as the outside from the sweat  I hope this new works better for nearly 10X the price.  At least it weights a little less! I dropped the old one in the hiker box hoping someone else can get some use from it.  I also found a nice long sleeved pullover shirt to add to my hiking wardrobe.

I sent my Stri-pen home and switched to aquamira to save a little weight!  With the batteries and charger it weighed several ounces, and I learned that the batteries were some times unreliable in the very cold weather!


 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment