Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Yes, we have no wide shoes today!

Sunday, April 14, 2013
Destination: Gatlinburg
Starting Location: Gatlinburg
Today's Miles: 0.00 Trip Miles: 187.32

Decided I need another day to get all the rest I need and get chores done. Wanted to do a breakfast buffet that I had heard about but found out where it was too late so settled for KFC for lunch.

I went to NOC outfitter to look for shoes but found nothing that fit. Why is it that outfitters, and manufactures don't carry shoes and boots in wide widths? Don't they know that some hikers do have wide feet.  Did my grocery shopping and later back to NOC to find thinner socks in hopes that they would help with boot.. My right foot big toenail has been banging the toe box of my current boots. It has darkened, don't know if I will lose it or not. Trimmed it really short on the day I noticed it and that did help.

 Signed up form tomorrows free shuttle while I was there. Got the last slot. Went back to Texas Road House for dinner, got a big salad but could not eat all of it. Maybe it had something to do with that pint of ice cream am had eaten earlier! Planning for next few days looks like 10+ miles the first day out with a late start.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
 Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment