Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Appalachian Trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park (C) Harold Dossett, 2013

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Waiting out the rain!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013
 Destination: Tri Corner Knob Shelter
Starting Location: Pecks Corner Shelter
 Today's Miles: 5.20 Trip Miles: 210.52





Started with the intention of doing 13+ miles but gave that up when I got here and it started to rain. Had a snack, settled in and waited til time to to cook dinner. Someone woke me up and asked if I could move over a one space so the three of them could be together. They apologized for waking me but I told I had to get up any way and fix dinner. Group of four a little after dark.

 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments:

Post a Comment